12.01.2009


FASHION: ON TREND

LONG-SLEEVED DRESSES FOR WINTER

Recently, I was at one of my favorite thrift stores and stumbled upon a long-sleeved, black, sequined dress with a low-dipped back. My first thought was how perfect the dress would be for New Year’s. Sure, this was planning pretty far in advance, but who cares? It will clearly be freezing in St. Louis on December 31, and there is nothing I hate more than being cold. In purchasing the fabulous, long-sleeved dress, I was not only being fashion-savvy–I was being sensible. Who likes wearing a strapless dress when the temperature is in negative digits? Not me.
A recurring trend, long-sleeved dresses are again hot for FW09. With coverage in the sleeves, hemlines that are scandalously high are somehow more acceptable (for those less willing to bare more leg, pair the look with tights or knee-highs). Check out these hot long-sleeve looks I found on topshop.com and farfetch.com.
long sleeve-topshop.comlongsleeve-topshoplong sleeve-topshop3topshop
longsleeve-farfetchlongsleeve-farfetch2longsleeve-farfetch3farfetch
Images via polyvore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment