1.10.2010


FASHION: THE SCOOP

PEPPER AND PISTOL

So, sometimes when I’m searching for new designers to feature on Corridor40, I stop and wonder, “How did I go through life not knowing about (insert designer name here)?!” I had such an epiphany when I came across Pepper and Pistol.
If the name isn’t enough to draw you in, the clothing definitely will–jumpsuits, sequined dresses and feminine skirts? Oh, my! The line was founded in NYC in 2006 by German natives Silvia Hillmann and Katrin Wiens. According to their website, Pepper and Pistol focuses on custom prints and feminine cuts. This is apparent in all collections, each of which Hillman and Wiens have named; FW09 was called The Fashion of Clowning, which was presented in a circus-themed lookbook; the SS10 name is titled The Great Escape. I’d escape anywhere in this collection; feminine silhouettes combined with chains and zippers, it may just be my new favorite thing for spring.
pepper1
pepper2pepper3pepper4pepper5pepper6pepper7pepper8pepper9pepper10pepper11pepper12

No comments:

Post a Comment