11.01.2009


FASHION: IN STORE

DAVID MEISTER GOWNS

Anyone who knows me really well knows that I am pretty uncomfortable in a formal gown. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love to watch the red carpet pre-shows and judge what the celebs are wearingbut I have never liked getting glammed up myself (then again, I’ve never had Oscar de la Renta designing my gown, either). For my senior prom, I remember going with my friends to pick out our dresses. They all decided on giant, poufy, pink dresses that looked like beads and sequins had vomited all over them; I found mine at a bargain basement sale at Dillard’s. It was long, form-fitting and pretty f-ing fabulous considering its $5 price tag.
So, with that being said, it may seem strange for me to ever describe a formal dress as gorgeous. But, really, there are no other words for the David Meister collection; Mr. Meister is seemingly trying to make me a believer in formalwear once again. He recently launched the David Meister Signature Label, which is available at Bergdorf Goodman and Saks Fifth Avenue. Spotted on celebs like Tina Fey, Drew Barrymore and Beyonce, I have seen his looks on the red carpet many times, but had never connected the gowns to their creative designer. Olivia Palermo is a fan, as well. While I dislike Olivia based on what I’ve seen of her on “The City“, I have to admit; she looked gorgeous in Meister’s light pink design.
Recently, I found an amazing, olive-colored, full-length gown that would have been the perfect prom dress for me four years ago. If I could only be 18 again…
david meister

No comments:

Post a Comment