9.15.2009


FASHION: THE SCOOP

COCO AVANT CHANEL

Even people who don’t know the slightest bit about fashion know the name Coco Chanel.  Without a doubt, Chanel changed women’s fashion dramatically. Today, Chanel is still a name with which people in the fashion industry hold with the utmost respect. Although Karl Lagerfeld has taken over the fashion powerhouse, most everyone knows the back story of Chanel. I have always been interested in the history of Coco Chanel, and even took a class on historical fashion icons to learn more about her. So you can imagine how excited I was to find out that there is a new movie coming out about Coco Chanel.
Coco Avant Chanel (or “Coco Before Chanel” for all of you English-speakers) premieres in LA and NYC theaters on September 25th, and I could not be any more anxious. Audrey Tatou is starring as Coco, whichin my mindcould not be any more perfect; she also starred in one of my other favorite French movies of all time, Amelie. On top of playing Chanel, she has been named the new spokesperson of the brand—replacing Nicole Kidman. 
The movie will show Chanel’s life, starting from rags and reaching riches. Just watching the trailer for the movie got me so excited! Even if you know only a little about Chanel, if you love fashion, you will be sure to love this movie. As for the film’s St. Louis debut? We are still in the dark; calling Frontenac to find out more information proved to be useless, as they told me they find out what movie they are getting for Friday on the Wednesday before. Clearly, I’ll be stalking them until I find out more information.
coco- wordpress.com
Image via wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment