9.15.2009


FASHION: ON TREND

THE ’80S COMEBACK

The other day, I was walking down the street and overheard one girl say to her friend, “Wow, she is so old; I think she was born in the ’80s.”  I stood there flabbergasted. How dare these adolescents make the decade I was born in sound like it belongs in history books! I suppressed the urge to punch them, then realized that I felt sorry for them. The ‘80s freaking rocked, and even though I was born in the latter end of the decade I’m still proud to be a product of that place in time.
For most everyone who lived in the ’80s, it feels strange that the fabulous decade is now making a fashion comeback on the runways. Wasn’t it the 1980s just a few years ago? If you haven’t stopped loving the acid-washed jeans, rocker leather jackets and off-the-shoulder shirts that defined the era, let me assure you that you are now in style. From Miss Sixty and DSquared2 to Marc Jacobs, you can find all of the hottest ’80s trends again this fall. So, now it’s just time for me to figure out where I put those faux leather biker shorts I’ve been saving for this very occasion…
80s, Miss Sixty, style.com80s, dsquared, style.com
00360m00540m
Images via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment