9.15.2009


FASHION: THE SCOOP

ROAD TRIP TO CHICAGO

Recently I traveled to one of my favorite cities, Chicago, to visit my sister and of course take advantage of the shopping opportunities! I settled in for the week, and decided to map out my must-visit shopping districts. Since we’ve all done the Michigan Avenue shopping, and even State Street seems a bit “been there, done that“, I decided to head to my favorite areas of Chicago Bucktown and Wicker Park. 
My suggestion to anyone visiting the city? Master the El and head out on the blue line to these amazing neighborhoods for a day or two of shopping heaven. These areas are filled with unique boutiques, one-of-a-kind vintage stores and coffee shops that will make you want a new cup of coffee every two minutes just so you can stop in them. My favorite stores I found while there included Nanette Lepore, Scoop NYC and Habit.

Nanette Lepore
1623 N Damen Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
You can imagine my excitement when I found out one of my favorite designers has a store in Chicago, located in the heart of Bucktown. I discovered a variety of looks, from feminine florals to fitted pants. Some of my favorites included this floral polka dot dress (perfect for summer) and this embroidered top, paired with a ruffled skirt. Nanette Lepore is a must-shop boutique.
 
Scoop NYC
1702 N Milwaukee Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
I went to my first Scoop NYC store when I was in NYC a few years ago.  I fell in love. So, when I found out they had opened a store in Chicago, I made sure to head straight there. I discovered a 10,000 sq. ft. showroom stocked with everything you could hope for. Vera Wang evening gown? Check. Jimmy Choo shoes? Got it. And you’ve got to hit up the in-store cafe on your way out to get the full experience.

Habit
1951 W Division St.
Chicago, IL 60622
This store blew me away. I had never heard of Habit before I walked by the shop and knew I had to stop in. And boy am I glad that I did. This store offers an abundance of up-and-coming designers the opportunity to sell their designs under one roof. Each piece is either unique or only made in a few sizes, so you can be sure you’ll be the only one at the party wearing that dress (or shirt or piece of jewelry). I am obsessed with Habit; it‘s the first place I‘ll visit on my next Chicago road trip.

chicago-habit-augustin dress $195           chicago-habit-augustin dress back
Habit- Augustin Dress $190

No comments:

Post a Comment