9.15.2009


FASHION: ON TREND

BIRDS OF A FEATHER

If you want to be fashion-forward this fall, pluck a bird’s feathers and wear them as clothes.  Or, if you’re less adventurous, simply shop the multiple feather-festooned fashions now available in stores.  Either way, the big trend is feathers.  Feathers can be stylish on dresses, skirts, coats, tops,…you name it.  I remember my first taste of the feather trend; it was Alexander McQueen’s wicked feather dress for Fall 2008.  Soon after, I was reminded of my love for feathers when Kenley from Project Runway presented a dress almost identical to McQueen’s (can you say copycat?).  As I’m sure is evident, I’ve been loving feathers for a while.
counterfeitchic
My personal favorite feather look of 2009 is the nude ostrich feather dress by Blumarine.  It has a ’50s flapper kind of look (also a big trend this season), with a scandalous length (super-short!) that gives it a bit of spice. 
Feather- blumarine
If you’re looking for a bit more coverage, maybe trying this long-sleeved Louis Vuitton number will tickle your fancy. 
Feather-Louis Vuitton-style.com
However, if you are wanting to ease into the feather trend with something a bit more simple (and inexpensive), I’d suggest starting with a feather headband.  They are chic, and not too over-the-top.  I found this one at urbanoutfitters.com for only $24!  It’s the perfect, budget-friendly way to incorporate feathers into any casual, everyday look.  
Feather-ribbon wrapped feather headband-urbanoutfiters-$24

No comments:

Post a Comment