9.15.2009


FASHION: ON TREND

DESTINATION WEDDING TRENDS

Summer and weddings are a match made in heaven. Most people love summer weddings because the weather is great and they have options for outdoor venues. This year, the wedding trend that seems to be spreading like wildfire is destination weddings. Destination weddings can take place at any location and during any time of the year, but tropical destinations tend to be the most popular choice among young couples today. The great news about destination weddings is that you don’t have to have your wedding in the summer to have warm and beautiful weather. The beautiful beaches and background views don’t hurt, either.           
What I love most about destination weddings in Caribbean locations (other than the pina coladas) are the easy, breezy fashions worn by the bride and bridesmaids. I am especially crazy about the colors that can be worn by the bridal party; no longer are boring pastels the only option. Men have more options, as well. They can stick with a traditional tuxedo for a beach wedding, if they’d like; however, I prefer to see the groom and groomsmen in tan linen suits like these by Calvin Klein.
I’ve picked some of my favorite wedding gowns for a tropical wedding. The key is to keep the look very simple and elegant. If it were my wedding, I would want something with lace like this Vera Wang gown. I would also definitely pair my dress with a pair of sandals. My bridesmaids would be outfitted in gorgeous Max and Cleo gray dresses. Now all I need to do is find the groom…
Max and Cleo, $188, BCBG, $360,  Rebecca Taylor, $343

No comments:

Post a Comment